Famous Blue Raincoat
翩翩蓝雨衣
Leonard Cohen
It's four in the morning, the end of december
现在是凌晨四点,十二月已到尾声,
I'm writing you now just to see if you're better
我在给你写信,想知道你是否好了一些。
New york is cold, but I like where I'm living
纽约很冷,但我喜欢我住的地方,
There's music on clinton street all through the evening.
柯灵顿街上的音乐,响彻整个晚上。
I hear that you're building your little house deep in the desert
我听说你把你的小屋子筑于深深的荒漠之中,
You're living for nothing now, I hope you're keeping some kind of record.
你已生无所求。但愿你是在尝试另一种体验。
Yes, and jane came by with a lock of your hair
是的,简回来了,带着一绺你的头发,
She said that you gave it to her
她说,你交给她的那个夜晚,
That night that you planned to go clear
你打算将一切厘清,
Did you ever go clear?
都厘清了吗?
Ah, the last time we saw you you looked so much older
上一次我们见面,我看到你老了很多,
Your famous blue raincoat was torn at the shoulder
你的那件翩翩蓝雨衣,肩膀处已经开裂。
You'd been to the station to meet every train
你总是去到车站,等候每一班列车,
And you came home without lili marlene
但是你回家时,身边没有莉莉·玛莲。
And you treated my woman to a flake of your life
你对待我的女人,只像你生命里的一抹轻尘,
And when she came back she was nobody's wife.
在她回来时候,她不是任何人的妻子。
Well I see you there with the rose in your teeth
我能想象你嘴角衔着玫瑰的样子,
One more thin gypsy thief
又一个吉卜赛骗子。
Well I see jane's awake --
简醒来了——
She sends her regards.
她向你问好。
And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
我能对你说什么呢,置我于死地的人,
What can I possibly say?
我能说什么?
I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
或许我在想你,或许我原谅你了,
I'm glad you stood in my way.
很高兴你曾挡过我的路。
If you ever come by here, for jane or for me
如果你能拜访这里,不论是为了我或是简,
And your enemy is sleeping, and his woman is free.
你会发现现在你的敌人沉寂了,他的女人自在了。
Yes, and thanks, for the trouble you took from her eyes
是的,谢谢你从她眼里带走烦愁,
I thought it was there for good so I never tried.
我以为它会永不消失,所以我没能尝试。
And jane came by with a lock of your hair
简回来了,带着一绺你的头发,
She said that you gave it to her
她说,你交给她的那个夜晚,
That night that you planned to go clear
你打算将一切厘清。
-- sincerely, L. cohen
——你诚挚的,L·科恩
- 专辑:Songs of Love and Hate
- 歌手:Leonard Cohen
- 歌曲:Famous Blue Raincoat