As I walked under London Bridge 我信步伦敦桥上
One misty morning early, 一个多雾的早晨
I overheard a fair, pretty maid, 无意间听到一位清丽少女
Was lamenting for her Geordie. 正为他的乔第哀唱
My geordie will be hanged in a golden chain, 喔,我的乔第将以一条金色锁链被处以绞刑
'Tis not the chain of many. 那不是一条普通的绞链
He was born of King's royal breed 他出身皇族
And lost to a virtous lady 不慎失足于一位贤淑女子
Go bridle me my milk white steed 为我上辔 我的白色战马
Go bridle me my pony 为我上辔我亲爱的马儿
I will ride to London's court 我要前往伦敦法庭
And to plead for the life of Geordie. 为我的乔第请命
My Geordie never stole nor cow nor calf 我的乔第未曾偷过牛或犊
He never hurted any 他从未伤过任何人
Stole sixteen of the King's royal deer 就偷了十六只皇家的鹿
And he sold them in Bohenny. 而且他在Bohenny买了它们
Two pretty babies have I borne, 我膝下已有两可爱的小孩
The third lies in my body, 第三个正安躺于我体内
I'd freely part with them every one, 我可以毫无怨言的与他们永别
If you'd spare the life of Geordie. 只要你能赦免我和乔第
The judge looked over his left shoulder, 法官看了看他的左肩
He said, ''Fair maid, I'm sorry, 他说:“可爱的少女 我很抱歉
I cannot pardon the one you love, 我不能原谅你的爱人
He has been hanged already.''他已经被处以绞刑。”
- 专辑:A Boxful Of Treasures
- 歌手:Sandy Denny
- 歌曲:Geordie